Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I report a street light outage?
A: Contact City Hall and provide the street address and location of the outage.

Q: How do I report a pothole?
A: If the pothole is on a City street, contact City Hall. If the pothole is on a county road, contact the Grayson County Road Department at (270) 259-3093. If the pothole is on a state highway, contact the State Highway Garage in Leitchfield at (270) 259-4602 or report a pothole using this form.

Q: How do I report a street sign that is missing or in need of repair?
A: Contact City Hall with the location and type of sign.

Q: What is the speed limit on City streets?
A: Unless otherwise posted, the speed limit on City streets is 20 mph.

Q: Who do I contact if my garbage is not picked-up?
A: Contact City Hall and provide your name and street address.

Q: What items will not be picked up?
A: The City will not pick-up furniture, tires, tree limbs, paint, construction debris, or waste oil.

Q: When are community clean-up days?
A: The City usually schedules spring clean-up days for residents in the City limits only.

Q: How do I rent out a room at the Clarkson Community Center?
A: Contact City Hall during regular business hours for pricing and scheduling information. A refundable deposit will be required in addition to the regular rental fee.

Q: Can I have my sewer and garbage bill automatically deducted from my bank account?
A: Residents can visit City Hall during regular business hours to request a form to have your bill paid via bank draft.

Q: Can I pay my sewer and garbage bill online?
A: Yes. Residents can go to and click “Pay Your Utility Bill” in the top right corner of the page. You must have your paper bill in order to pay online — you will need your account number and the amount due.

Q: How do I connect my house to natural gas or report a problem with my gas service?
A: Contact Leitchfield Utilities at Visit Website

Q: What utilities does the City provide its residents?
A: The City provides garbage pick-up and sewer to our residents. Water is provided by the Grayson County Water District.

Q: Does the City provide snow removal?
A: The City plows/salts City streets, but not state highways, county roads, private roads, parking lots, or driveways.

Q: Where do I vote in Clarkson?
A: The polling place for the Clarkson precinct is the cafeteria of Clarkson Elementary School at 310 Millerstown Street. Click here to check your voter registration status.

Q: Can I rent out a pavilion or ball field at the Clarkson City Park?
A: The City does not rent out any area of the City Park. Residents are welcome to use the park facilities for events on a “first come, first serve basis” as long as there are no youth baseball or soccer games in progress. The City Park closes each evening at dusk, unless games are in progress.

Q: How do I apply for a business license?
A: Contact City Hall for the necessary paperwork. The price of a business license is $30.00.

Q: What hours can I take my child trick-or-treating on Halloween?
A: Trick-or-Treating is typically scheduled between 5:00 – 8:00 pm on October 31. If that date falls on a Sunday, trick-or-treating will be moved to the preceding Saturday.

Q: What are the dates for the Clarkson Honeyfest?
A: The Clarkson Honeyfest is always the last Wednesday-Saturday in September. For 2017 those dates will be September 27-30. Visit the Clarkson Honeyfest website ( for more information.

Q: When are meetings of the Clarkson City Commission?
A: The Clarkson City Commission meets the second Monday of each month at 6:00 pm at the Clarkson City Hall & Community Center.

Q: How do I rent out the large room at the Clarkson Community Center?
A: Rental Rates for Large Community Center Room are as follows:
Monday-Thursday: $100 + $100 deposit; Friday, Saturday, & Sunday: $150 + $150 deposit.
Deposit is refundable if rules are followed and facility is left neat and orderly. For scheduling information, please contact Clarkson City Hall.